web





2009 was an amazing year for me as I was able to explore my long held dream of photography. Before I was quite ready to handle it I had more clients than I could count! How wonderful to finally explore my dream.
I counted and realized I shot over 14 weddings and too many sessions to count. I have grown as a photographer and person and am grateful for the experience.
As amazing as the experience has been it has been effecting the amount of time I have to spend with my family, especially my son. I can either have photography or I can have a life.
So with a happy heart I have closed Elmwood Court Photography and am spending time with my family.
Thank you to all my clients for an amazing year and for letting me be a part of your special moments.
Although I may still be posting sessions they are only for my family and friends and I thank you for your interest but I am no longer accepting clients with no exceptions.
Thank you again,
Amy


Saturday, March 13, 2010

In the blink of an eye

My beautiful Bebo is getting married. I'm pleased, and a bit shocked, how in just a blink of an eye she has grown up to a beautiful woman who will be getting married this July. Time really does fly by so fast.

Maureen was my first niece. I was 13 when my sister announced that she was pregnant and I thought it was the worst idea I had ever heard. Looking back I'm not sure why I was so against it (though I'm thinking my 13 year old self thought it meant I was going to "lose" my big sister) but as my mother and I drove to San Diego to meet the baby for the first time I vehemently announced that I would NEVER be called Aunt Amy never! I just hated the whole idea and I was quite sure the whole mess would end badly.

Well, that thinking lasted as long as it took to hold Maureen in my arms for the first time. In a second I was in love with this amazing pink and beautiful creature (even when she threw up in my mouth) and I found being an Aunt was the best idea ever! So glad they thought of it. I have love for many children in my life but there is something about the flesh of your flesh that is such an amazing connection.

That day I fell in love with being an Aunt and now my many Nephew and Nieces are the jewels of my life. I treasure each and every one of them. I have around 16 or so now (I lose count)  and I LOVE being called Aunt and insit that each and everyone of them always use my title that I love and am so proud of.

Maureen was my first model. I used to spend half my paycheck going to Mervyn's to get a cute outfit for our latest "photoshoot" and lucky for me she was a ham and would pose for hours. She has grown into a beautiful, loving woman and I'm so proud of her.

It's a good thing to have an Aunt who's a wedding photographer when your planning a wedding. ;)  I couldn't be more thrilled that I will be there when Maureen marries her love Tom.

And in the blink of an eye I suppose I will get to see if I like being a great Aunt too.

No rush of course but this time I know I'm gonna love it. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!
That's our little girl all grown up. I'm also very proud to be called Aunt by her.

The Bagley Bunch said...

Beautiful! And how blessed she is to have you as her photographer as well!!!!!! :)

Categories

Blog Archive

About Me

Riverside County, CA
My name is Amy. I live in good old sunny CA with my husband, our two dogs Ranger Rick, Bonnie,and our son Pierce. If you have any questions or would like to book a session please contact me @ elmwoodcourt@yahoo.com.